Greetings Reader

Does the heart not sing when freedom caressed reality, or does it wail when people dug their own graves and secured a place in the unknown truth?




In Greek Mythology, the tale of Arachne was the symbol of how ones own arrogance leads to ones fall from grace. Except Arachne wasn't punished for her pride, she was damned because of her domineering exhibition of the truth, or at least the truth she supposed. So why didn't the witnesses question her or her chastisers' actions? 

Somehow, we aren't just Arachne or her chastiser, Athena. We are silent witnesses of wrongdoings or misleading. 

Hath our souls weakened from the ones in most wondrous power? 



Greetings reader

I am Malavika, your average intersectional feminist with an objective to bring the slightest change in the world, (and an odd addiction to Tv series, and an unhealthy belief in Indie music supremacy).

Before you charge, for all of thou cynics out there wondering, here's my answer;

No, I don't hate men, nor do I spread hatred about men.

Of course not all men, but just enough that women have to dodge closed off places or alleyways when they are walking alone.

No, this isn't an 'agenda' (as they say) to establish female dominance. 

I am here to spread awareness, educate all, and educate myself through all, which simply what feminism is. The endeavours to the path of a future established in equality. 

So why isn't it just called equality?

This is mainly to emphasize the fact that women and non-men have been influenced by toxic male-dominant standards. Ergo, eradicating the patriarchy being one of the many objectives of this concept of feminism. But let's unravel about that later.

The youth today is capable of a lot more if our common goals connected for change. The inception of that change begins within. But I don't envision building that kind of change as a mere walk in the park. No, it's walking through an ongoing construction site with bare feet, glass and debris piercing through your skin. Perhaps the end result will be worth it.

Maybe I'm the absurd hormonal teen, what do I know? I can't help it, I am a dreamer. I am a fantasy writer. My brain thrives in fabricated visions, pieced by the truths of reality. What could I possibly know? And why exactly would I strive to do the assumed impossible? 

I've got news for you Karen, at least my fantasies are more realistic than yours or of a privileged misogynistic cis-gendered heterosexual man. Let that sink in.

Megan Markle once said, 'Women don't need to find a voice, they have a voice, and they need to feel empowered to use it, and people need to be encouraged to listen.'

This blog is not for you to find a voice, it's for you to use your own voice to make a profound impact. You are heard, acknowledged and validated here. 

I know a lot of people around my age who have quite influential voices that are yet to be heard because of blatant ageism. Because the voices that can shape the world better, are constantly silenced for the most ludicrous reasons which irks me. And this is just a small ratio of how the youth today is undervalued. 

And then there is the stigma around mental health.

But despite the silencing, fight for that change no matter how small, because decades from now, when I meet my childhood friends in a fancy restaurant, squealing our asses off, reminiscing the past and summarizing our current lives, we wouldn't have to do that in fear. Because decades from now when some comes out of the closet, they aren't beaten up and killed by the privileged. Because decades from now should be in an embracing and positive condition than it is today.

Acknowledging the sensitivity of my surroundings, I may not be able to talk about too many serious issues and topics, but I will try my best to incorporate certain things as much as I can.


Speak, Listen, and Validate. Welcome to sounds of silence.





  




Comments

Popular Posts